A communication and information design professional with experience in management, customer service, design, training, project management, and systems analysis.
Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, Lakewood, Colorado — B.F.A., Graphic Design (2019)
City University of Seattle, Seattle, Washington — M.B.A., Information Systems
Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina — B.A., Art
- Mac OS 10.4-10.15
- Windows 7-10
- Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Light Room, Acrobat DC, Premiere Pro, Dimension)
- Git (GitHub)
- Collaboration Tools (Trello, Slack, Confluence, Google Hangouts, Basecamp 3, Zoom)
- SQL Developer
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011-2016
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Visio)
- SAM 10-11.5
- SAM Tracks 11-11.5
- Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
CEO, Konkatenate, LLC, Hellertown, Pennsylvania — 1/2018 – present
- Owner of boutique design company focused on small business owners and sole proprietorships.
- Provide training as well as design services for streamlining business operations.
- Assist companies with brand guidelines, vector illustration conversion, brochures, typography selection, and photography.
- Develop easy to use WordPress sites that customers can maintain themselves as requested.
- Pro-bono work includes small businesses and non-profits who would otherwise not be able to afford design services.
Technical Analyst, Computer Aid, Allentown, Pennsylvania — 7/2016 – present
- On contract to higher educational institution primary lead responsible for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 recruiting platform. Led upgrade saving institution over $10,000 in implementation consulting costs.
- Developed in-house training for faculty and staff on recruiting platform.
- Redesigned and streamlined operations resulting in record incoming classes for both traditional undergraduate and accelerated nursing programs.
- Utilized human-centered design principles to rebuild vendor forms and operations to custom tailor application to current situation.
- Developed Cyber Security Awareness Training for campus and initiated annual video contest around cyber security awareness that now has regional reach.
Software Implementation, Computer Aid, Allentown, Pennsylvania — 2/2015 – 7/2016
- On contract to global manufacturing firm supporting the Business Applications Group while functioning in a project management role for system upgrades to their specialized software (SAM and SAM Tracks).
- Responsible for assisting with customer software upgrades and customer service in the production departments of the three largest newspaper corporations in the United States and all other clients of the firm.
- Developed new documentation and online help file for custom software provided for production planning in the newspaper publishing industry.
- Designed new icon set for prototype SAM Tracks upgrade.
Back of House Specialist, Apple, Whitehall, Pennsylvania — 10/2015 – 7/2016
- Developed new customer relationships with team members when presenting products.
- Provided excellent customer service for inbound call operations.
- Tracked and maintained service parts and finished goods inventory.
Specialist, Apple, Whitehall, Pennsylvania — 1/2015 – 10/2015
- Developed new customer relationships and fostered existing customer relationships.
- Provided excellent customer support for sales and new product setup.
- Provided support and feedback to team members regarding new product launch and best practices.
Director of Communication and Information Technology, Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania — 1/2010 – 10/2014
- Developed consistent brand across multiple platforms resulting in increased traffic on all channels.
- Moved print communications to electronic platforms resulting in an estimated $45,000 savings in publishing costs.
- Upgraded telecommunications links saving over $6,000.
IT Coordinator, Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania — 1/2006 – 1/2010
- Standardized and consolidated computing platforms resulting in an estimated $10,000 savings in recurring capital costs.
- Updated telecommunication links to double throughput while achieving cost savings.
- Moved web site to a hosted CMS solution that included cross platform integration with social media outlets.
Lieutenant Colonel, National Guard, North Carolina & Delaware — 11/1988 – 8/2008 (Highlights)
- Advisor to the Chief of the Joint Staff, Delaware National Guard for all matters relating to joint integration.
- Supervised mobilization and reintegration efforts for Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom for the state of Delaware.
- Elected as Vice-Chair of the Region 2 Mobilization Readiness Advisory Council for the National Guard.
- Deployed to the Defense Information Systems Agency and was responsible for operations and security of command, control, communications, computer and intelligence (C4I) assets supporting the President of the United States, the Secretary of the Defense, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, combatant commanders, the Joint Staff, Services, and Department of Defense agencies.
- Deployed to the Pentagon in the wake of 9/11 and functioned as a shift Officer in Charge for the Army Chief Information Officer's Directorate of Information Systems Command, Control, Communications, and Computers crisis action cell.
- Responsible for the management, maintenance, and employment of tactical vehicles and communication equipment in excess of $100,000.
- Co-chaired the United States Army Europe Combined Endeavor Network Management Cell supporting a 41-nation interoperability exercise held annually.
- Awarded multiple Meritorious Service Medals for contributions.
ADDITIONAL CREATIVE EXPERIENCE
Assistant Department Manager & Buyer, Nestor’s Sporting Goods, Whitehall, Pennsylvania — 9/1992 – 9/1993
Slide Curator, Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina — 8/1989 – 6/1992
Weekend Reporter and Photographer, Lake Norman Magazine, Cornelius, North Carolina — 6/1987 – 8/1988
CURRENT VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Vice President for Communications, Association of the United States Army Delaware Chapter — 4/2012 – present
Communication Consultant, Round 2 Thoroughbred Horse Shows — 6/2012 – present